This is one of those weeks that we all have from time to time where you are not sure if you even have time to pull your own hair out. I wish I meal prepped every week but I don’t. BUT this last Sunday I DID! and thank God I did. For lunches I made daily containers filled with spinach salad, baked chicken thighs and a hard boiled egg. I also made some homemade salad dressing in a mason jar. I prepped some chicken breasts and salsa to eat with some super easy riced cauliflower for a few dinners this week but ran out of time to make dinner for the entire week. So, I found an hour today to make dinner for the rest of the week. I was super inspired by the “Almost 5 Ingredient Pizza Spaghetti Pie” that Julie Bauer from paleomg.com showed on her Instagram Stories the other day. I wanted to make the recipe but had to work with what I had in my fridge and pantry. So below is what i came up with. It tuned out delicious!!!!!!
Butternut Squash Pizza Bake
Servings 4+ / Prep Time 50 min / Oven Temp 350
2 15 ounce bags of cubed frozen butternut squash
1 ½ cans of diced organic tomatoes
½ can of organic tomato paste
1lb ground beef
1tbsp grassfed butter
1+ tsp salt (salt to taste)
1tbsp dried oregano
Optional pepperoni slices
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Brown ground beef in butter. Add salt half way through browning process.
- In another large skillet dump cubes of frozen butternut squash and stir until thawed
- Once ground beef has browned add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and oregano and mix until evenly distributed. Let simmer for 10 minutes (salt to taste).
- Once the squash has thawed and the ground beef tomato mixture has simmered pour into a buttered 8×8 casserole dish (add in pepperoni slices at this point if you choose to add it to your recipe)
- Whisk 3 eggs together and pour over ground beef tomato mixture and squash and mix until evenly distributed
- Optional- top with more pepperoni and or cheese to complete your casserole
- Bake at 350 for 30 min until top begins to brown and bubble